The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.02 iPhone update and .Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good to see you've changed .Mac to MobileMe now .Mac no longer exists.
My sync settings still show my .Mac info but appear to have been moved to the WebDav tab whilst the new MobileMe tab is empty. It appeared to sync to .Mac via the WebDav tab but still nothing updates correctly (or at all) with my Mac. I tried to enter my MobileMe settings under the relevant tab but I get a sync error "Unable to synchronize database with server. Unable to read document etc"

What gives? Getting tired of this. Every night there is another issue that is making this potentially great piece of software pretty much unusable. Feels like we're supposed to be some kind of IT experts fiddling with settings when as Mac users we're used to things just working. The technology is getting in the way of getting the job done. Very un-Mac like! Any advice before I write off my money and look for alternative? I appreciate that the tech support is very visible and active on this board but having to resort to work arounds all the time is getting tiresome.

I'm having a similar issue. But, I had to go through a full restore (not omnifocus issue), when I got through with that and before re-syncing noticed some updates in iTunes, so I downloaded them and then went through re-syncing my apps to the phone. Now all seems to be fine, but when I try to sync OF with my MobileMe account, I get a message back stating "Unable to synchronize database with server. Unable to perform WebDAV operation. The idisk.me.com server returned "payment required" (402) in response to a request to PROPFIND /mymename@me.com/Documents/OmiFocus.ofocus". At first I thought, ahhh I let my account lapse... But I just logged in a checked and in my account settings I'm showing that I am active until May 2009. So, I don't think that is the issue. Any ideas? I'm using the MobileMe panel in the OF Settings.

Hope this works for you: just managed to fix it.

Go to the latest SP build and open Preferences > Sync. Set it up through MobileMe, and sync (check it works, doesn't provide errors).

Now go back to the Sync pref pane and click 'Share Settings'. Open OF on your iPhone (with wireless on) and go to Settings - it should show that it has picked up the settings from your Mac.

Say OK, and it will go through the usual 'local or server copy' routine, and you're up and running.

Hope it helps.

I think I may have found the issue, at least in my case... That "payment required" message kept bugging me, so I was clicking around in my MobileMe account details, and found that I only have 200 KB left until the end of themonth. I'm trying to figure out how I used all 200 GB this month, must be more MobileMe fallout.... Hopefully MobileMe support can resolve the issue, and if not, I should be back in business at midnight :p