The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Help: Getting existing iPhone data onto new desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have existing data on my iPhone that is also synched on MobileMe.

I now have OF for my desktop mac, with only the default OF data.

I want to initiate synching, but ensuring that the iPhone data overrides the desktop.

Can someone list the steps? Many thanks. I'm an OF newbie.

If you configure syncing in OmniFocus for the Mac, then tell it to sync, it will recognize that there is an existing document on the sync server (assuming you have the correct configuration for your syncing prefs) that does not match the local database, and will ask you whether you want to use the local copy or the one from the server. You want the one from the server, since that's the one that OmniFocus on the iPhone put there.

Thank you for the clear, prompt response. My iPhone and desktop are now synching perfectly.