The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reordering right-click menus? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying out 5.5 Beta 3, and one of the things that I'm having a hard time getting used to is the order of the right-click menu. I normally like to have "Go Back" and "Go Forward" at the top of the list, rather than near the bottom. Is there any way to re-order the list?

There currently isn't.

I do plan to do this soon... just haven't gotten to it yet.

I know this is thread necromancy, but as I'm on the verge of buying the Productivity Bundle, this is the sort of thing that I'm hoping makes it into OW fairly soon.

Just being able to have "Go Back" and "Go Forward" as the first two options would save me a lot of pain...literally. A wrist injury leaves me in blinding pain if I have to make too many large wrist motions in a short period of time. I've been loving my trial of OmniWeb, but the absence of this one feature has had quite an impact. I've had to cut my browsing time lately due to the sheer frequency of "Right-Click>Bend Wrist>Select". This isn't so much of a problem with wide, lateral movements, but with things like contextual menus, it can prove to be an annoyance

I know I'm just one out of many potential customers, and that other features naturally have a higher priority due to the number of users requesting them, but I just wanted to point out that sometimes even the more innocuous-seeming additions can have a very large impact on some people.

You may want to invest in a multi-button mouse. I do that and use USB Overdrive to bind the buttons to different functions in different apps.