The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cannot open Viso document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok, I have a several year old set of Visio documents. I upgraded to 5.0 Omnigraffle Pro so I could read them. I do not have a PC any longer, nor do I own Visio any longer. I have a number of Macs, all on Leopard.

Well, when I try and open any of the Visio documents (vsd files), I get the message "unsuitable node type" and it says I cannot open the document.

So, I can't retrieve these documents, but I do need them. It was the purpose of Omnigraffle (one purpose at least).

Any thoughts on how I might open them? Remember, I do not have Visio. Nor do I have a pc.

Depending on how old the files are, it's possible that they predate the version of the Visio file format our importer was meant to support. If that's the case, it may not be something we can fix on the Graffle end of things.

The easiest thing to do is probably send a sample file to us via the Send Feedback tool under the help menu; if we can look at one of the files, we'll have more information to work with.