The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is fast and what is slow? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using the latest OG Pro beta and sometimes I wonder if OG is slow when saving files ... but I might be completely off-track here and the speed is what to be expected.

I'm currently work with a file that takes 4 seconds to save, not that slow I agree, but at the same time I wonder why it doesn't happen "at once", I'll try to explain.

Since OG is working with objects I imagine that a simplified view of the data structure for document is a list of shapes, each shape containing information about various properties (size, position, line thickness, color, etc). All very basic stuff but what confuses me is that

a - it takes such a long time to save it

b - that the resulting file is so big

When I open up the file in BBEdit, I see a property list (expected) and ... aha, some QuickLook info seem to be added to the file ... hmm, turn off, save happens at once and file size went down to 50K (from 1M)

Sorry, my question is answered and I'm satisfied :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I'm using the latest OG Pro beta and sometimes I wonder if OG is slow when saving files ... but I might be completely off-track here and the speed is what to be expected.

I'm currently work with a file that takes 4 seconds to save, not that slow I agree, but at the same time I wonder why it doesn't happen "at once", I'll try to explain.

Since OG is working with objects I imagine that a simplified view of the data structure for document is a list of shapes, each shape containing information about various properties (size, position, line thickness, color, etc). All very basic stuff but what confuses me is that

a - it takes such a long time to save it

b - that the resulting file is so big

When I open up the file in BBEdit, I see a property list (expected) and ... aha, some QuickLook info seem to be added to the file ... hmm, turn off, save happens at once and file size went down to 50K (from 1M)

Sorry, my question is answered and I'm satisfied :)
How did you turn off quicklook?

You can turn off the Quick Look preview on a file-by-file basis in the Document Inspector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post

I'm having a similar problem with a 13mb file. It's taking in excess of 25 seconds to save the file. And it has become a big nuisance, along with giving me anxiety about the file integrity.

I'm using mac snow leapord:

OmniGrafflePro-5.2
Tag: OmniGraffle/5.2.2/release-138.14
Date: 2010-03-22 13:34:48 -0700

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Btw, just turned off Save Preview of doc, and save time is back to ~1 sec.