The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Training mode Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

wouldn't it be great if there was a inbox batch mode that prompted you to think about every item in your inbox? I am thinking in the lines of a requester that shows the item from the inbox together with the text "What is this?" and the buttons "A project, Crap, An action". If you hit "Crap" it deletes the item, "An action" prompts for a project and context and "A project" creates a project and prompts for next action/context. Just something to get into the habit of thinking about the items when you process them.

I do think that they either need to add some "wizards" like you described or greatly beef up the documentation and training material. I banged my head against the wall for a few days before finally breaking through to get how to use OF. I think this is really only an issue for those getting going and I'd especially think it would be tough for anyone that hasn't read the GTD book.

i have read the book, i'm just "slow" when it comes to forming new habits, this would be a good way to force myself to think "the right" way.