The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OSX Mountain Lion and OF!? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhandman View Post
Just checked again - someone has already posted the fix on the AppleSeed boards.
That's all we were asking for.

Ken, you might want to see if there is a way to make this process smoother in the future - I'm not sure if Apple has a formal process for this and I realize it happens rarely, but just a thought.

I saw the workaround in the AppleSeed boards, after a kind poster here offered to email it to me privately (thank you). However, I just couldn't figure out how to do it, so looking forward to Omnigroup releasing a version of OF for Mac that works with ML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhandman View Post
Can we just settle this silly "Apple only seeds developers" argument?

appleseed.apple.com
Thank you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I saw the workaround in the AppleSeed boards, after a kind poster here offered to email it to me privately (thank you). However, I just couldn't figure out how to do it, so looking forward to Omnigroup releasing a version of OF for Mac that works with ML.
Just to be clear: this isn't a problem we can fix. (I can't go into details because of our NDA, but more details are in the developer forums post.)

I just realized I made a mistake in the instructions I posted earlier—which meant they worked with the direct download edition, but not the Mac App Store edition. I just posted revised instructions to the developer forums thread, hopefully someone with access to that and to the AppleSeed forums can re-post the revised instructions for others' benefit. (Sorry about that!)

Well, I'm running the direct download edition and still couldn't figure it out. I even d/loaded Text Wrangler to help.

Quote:
Well, I'm running the direct download edition and still couldn't figure it out. I even d/loaded Text Wrangler to help.
Hmm, that doesn't sound relevant to the directions I posted: you shouldn't need to edit any files anywhere, you just need to paste some commands into a Terminal window.

If you contact our support ninjas directly by email (omnifocus@omnigroup.com) and explain your situation, they should be able to help you out.

Quote:
You may have to wait until 10.8's in GM then. What works with DP1, may break with DP2, etc.

Mountain Lion is nowhere near ready for prime time - tons of things don't work properly, those that do will probably break in the future, and those that don't may get fixed by Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhotka View Post
You may have to wait until 10.8's in GM then. What works with DP1, may break with DP2, etc.

Mountain Lion is nowhere near ready for prime time - tons of things don't work properly, those that do will probably break in the future, and those that don't may get fixed by Apple.
One would home that Apple has some modicum of regression testing. While it's true that things that work in one seed may be broken in another, in general the pattern is that successive seeds have FEWER bugs, not MORE :-)

I can't get OF to work under ML.

I'm at the point of wanting to revert back to Snow Leopard. This is seriously driving me insane. I can't log into my Apple seed forum and sent a reset PW to Apple with no immediate response (it's been over 2 hours), plus i'm wanting to do a Weekly Review...

I'm truly upset. Sorry, I really dont mean to whine but this truly does suck.

Hopefully something happens soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
I can't get OF to work under ML.

I'm at the point of wanting to revert back to Snow Leopard. This is seriously driving me insane. I can't log into my Apple seed forum and sent a reset PW to Apple with no immediate response (it's been over 2 hours), plus i'm wanting to do a Weekly Review...

I'm truly upset. Sorry, I really dont mean to whine but this truly does suck.

Hopefully something happens soon.
This is why you shouldn't use pre-release software on your primary, critical machines. ESPECIALLY the first public release that no 3rd party developers have had time to test and report feedback back to Apple.

If you actually depend on the machine for critical work, you really should be using a production version of the OS. Lion works fine.