The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.8 sneaky peeks are now available Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does this 1.8 sync to the calendar REMINDERS on IPHONE? It seems like thats what its says under the sync is that true so in order to update the reminders you no longer have to open the iphone app and sync it?

"• Sync Preferences now has an option to publish an OmniFocus Reminders calendar for due task notifications."

I have tried publishing my due task notifications via Sync Prefs / MobileMe, but I am able to tick the check box "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" but even though the button "Subscribe in iCal" is not dimmed, nothing happens why I try to click on it. I've tried Sync with iCal and Sync with Server and refreshing Sync in MobileMe but still nothing.
And I can't subscribe from within iCal because I don't know the published address.
What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashdollar View Post
Assigning a context to a project if not counter intuitive, it is certainly counter to GTD.
We're not talking about contexts for projects, we're talking about default contexts for the actions in the projects. There's nothing counter to GTD in that. If you think there is, could you point me to a reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashdollar View Post
Projects can be completed, true, but they can't be done. You don't do a project. You do the actions and when you reach a preset objective the project is completed. Assigning a context to a project if not counter intuitive, it is certainly counter to GTD.
I think it might be more helpful to view the list as items that are actionable, and as such projects can appear in the list ready to be acted upon.

In such case, you either complete the project (action), drop the project (action), hold the project (action), or add an item to the project (action). So, it makes a perfect sense for the project to appear in the list for me to act on. . .

Last edited by ksrhee; 2010-02-17 at 03:51 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You should be able to do that now:

If you switch your Availability filter to "Available" (using View->Availability Filter->Available or the View bar), projects and groups won't appear until all their tasks have been completed.

Thank you, this now makes sense. Now to see if that logic straightens out the visual that was bothering me on my iphone since the last update.

ETA: No...still don't see why un-available, grayed out actions and projects are showing on my flagged perspective on my iphone. I'll go trudge up my old thread. I want to understand why this is so.

Last edited by malisa; 2010-02-17 at 03:59 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisa View Post
ETA: No...still don't see why un-available, grayed out actions and projects are showing on my flagged perspective on my iphone. I'll go trudge up my old thread. I want to understand why this is so.
I think that's a known bug in the experimental perspectives supporting for OF iPhone 1.6.1.

Curt

I see that there have been several changes to the attachment list in SP 1.8. I've always wondered why the Attachment List window includes custom icons that are assigned to a perspective? I don't know if the way it currently works is by accident or design, but excluding the icons would be my preference. More nice features would be if the list also supported Quick Look, double-clicking to open the attachment in the default application, and right-clicking to reveal the attachment in the associated task.

Based on precedent, how long does it generally take for a sneeky peek to become an official release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You should be able to do that now:

If you switch your Availability filter to "Available" (using View->Availability Filter->Available or the View bar), projects and groups won't appear until all their tasks have been completed.
I have a group due today with some subtasks in it.
Now, in "No context" the badge says one "due soon" action is there, but since I only want to see actionable items (i.e. available) in my "Due" perspective, that group row/item is not listed. That is not an optimal solution for me, it took me a little while to figure out where on earth the no-context-due-soon-action could be (although I know this behaviour is the same for all actions in sequential groups/projects). However, you might want to consider at least to exclude the badge until action can be taken on it in context mode? This is in my view a sort of logical conflict which is difficult to solve in a 100% consistent manner. But you could develop some sort of test/warning text for such situations, perhaps? Maybe a double badge system, both indicating "Due" but distinguishing available (bright orange) from unavailable ones (faded orange)? It is a bit strange seeing a badge but not it's related item (yet).

Best regards,

Arild

Last edited by Arild; 2010-02-18 at 01:03 AM..

Seeing this too. Any response? The button is not clickable.

And I assume it's the same MobileMe-iDisk path and file name as the iPhone published? (DueSoon.ics)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchit View Post
"• Sync Preferences now has an option to publish an OmniFocus Reminders calendar for due task notifications."

I have tried publishing my due task notifications via Sync Prefs / MobileMe, but I am able to tick the check box "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" but even though the button "Subscribe in iCal" is not dimmed, nothing happens why I try to click on it. I've tried Sync with iCal and Sync with Server and refreshing Sync in MobileMe but still nothing.
And I can't subscribe from within iCal because I don't know the published address.
What am I missing?