The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ethan Schoonover's OmniFocus overview video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now I'm really going to read Allen's book.

-Paul

Nice tease.

Folks, I'm baffled at Omnigroup's unwillingness to put a pre-release into the hands of your enthusiastic mass of would-be FREE QA!

Give it up already. That guy, in engineering, who says it's not ready? Send him out of the meeting to look up something, and then POST the damn thing while he's out.

[Rumsfeld-ian self-questioning]

Will we find bugs you already knew about? Sure!
Will we find problems you never even knew existed? You bet!
Will we use Omnifocus in ways you never intended? Yep!

Any good software development book will tell you the cost of fixing a problem increases as you get later in the cycle. Give us a drop now, and get cracking on fixing the bugs we find, on the cheap!

-bbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Nice tease.

Folks, I'm baffled at Omnigroup's unwillingness to put a pre-release into the hands of your enthusiastic mass of would-be FREE QA!

Give it up already. That guy, in engineering, who says it's not ready? Send him out of the meeting to look up something, and then POST the damn thing while he's out.

[Rumsfeld-ian self-questioning]

Will we find bugs you already knew about? Sure!
Will we find problems you never even knew existed? You bet!
Will we use Omnifocus in ways you never intended? Yep!

Any good software development book will tell you the cost of fixing a problem increases as you get later in the cycle. Give us a drop now, and get cracking on fixing the bugs we find, on the cheap!

-bbb
I second that.

Also, if it were alpha or early beta, I might not actually use it in my "Production" but I would certainly start by importing kGTD, start playing around and reporting my findings.

If it is good enough to have Ethan use for months, it is good enough for us.

BZ

That is beautiful. I agree if its good enough for Ethan to use for month's I hope we can start testing soon. I can't wait. Love the focus feature.

mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjj
Since I only have a Mac @home I really rely on good print-outs.
Will there be the ability to filter print-outs like Ethan showed
in the movie?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjj
When I'm working, I really "hate" to get a hand to the mouse - so I hope
you will also implement some pretty convenient/convincing keyboard
shortcuts. (switch between projects/contexts, collapse all, ...)
Many of us at Omni agree with you on this. Your hands shouldn't need to leave the keyboard.

Thanks for watching the video!

As kGTD is "beta" I have no worry about using OMNI Focus as beta for "live" work. I am ready@

As usual, I am impressed with this OMNI product from just the short movie teaser.

Thanks Ethan , Omni and all for something that many of us have been waiting for a long time.

I know it's probably a bit late to ask but I really would like to see a zoom function. Its the one thing that stops me using OmniOutliner.

Otherwise OF looks really good. Can't wait!

I've been using iGTD for a couple weeks, and kGTD for a long time before that. As far as I am concerned, they are both betas. With both iGTD and kGTD, I am always concerned that they will fail and corrupt or lose my data. The both feel fragile to me, yet I still take the risk.

Being a very satisfied user of Omni products, I have a great deal of confidence in your ability to deliver a usable beta. Please release one soon so I can start my conversion to the OF workflow. I'll be buying this as soon as it is available for sale, so I might as well start now. After watching Ethan's video preview, I can hardly wait.

Thanks!
-james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I know it's probably a bit late to ask but I really would like to see a zoom function. Its the one thing that stops me using OmniOutliner.
!
I agree with you. OmniOutliner seems to be getting harder and harder to use as I get older! Now I rely on the screen zoom for it. It would be better to incorporate that into the product.

- Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindeman
With both iGTD and kGTD, I am always concerned that they will fail and corrupt or lose my data. The both feel fragile to me, yet I still take the risk.
?? I use iGTD daily on numerous projects/tasks and have never had a corruption of data or freeze or anything. I can see how kGTD can feel fragile, but I never get that feeling with iGTD.

But I agree that Omni products work flawlessly and look forward to evaluating OmniFocus. "Thought management" is one thing I've worked on for many years!

- Pierre