The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniFocus Video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The new OmniFocus video seems to move very quickly and the speed of the presentation could/should be slower. I can imagine that people visiting the site who don't know the software will find the speed with which the features are presented far too quick.

http://omnigroup.purestatic.com/soft...ckstart.hd.mov

That's just my personal opinion but I wish I could find some way to slow it down.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueila View Post
That's just my personal opinion but I wish I could find some way to slow it down.
Ha ha! I had same thought and used QuickTime's AV controls to knock the speed down by a quarter, which made it much easier to follow. I also stepped through some segments with the arrow key which of course this doesn't let you hear the commentary but it does mean you can take the visuals at your own pace. Unlike some of the type-A personalities driving this software, I suspect that I'm not the only user who needs to take things more slowly!

IMO Omni are making these videos too large and trying to pack too much in. The "ipod" version is too blurry to be useful but a 180mb download is something many users will think twice about. Ethan's earlier vids for Kinkless were much smaller and less frenetic.

If you found that fast you should watch for the Screencasts Online version that'll probably happen around release. Always a slow pace in those.
(on that topic, does anyone else think Don Mcallister's voice would be quite suited to a serial killer, in a way? That way it has that same friendly, upbeat quality to it no matter what he's saying, you can imagine him suddenly dropping "and then I'm going to kill everyone you love" into a conversation and then continue with what he was saying before as if nothing happened?)

The video also referred to several of the more advanced features and seemed to imply that they would be covered later (but then never where in the video).

Here is a request that more videos are produced covering:
- iCal sync
- capturing information from other applications
- Perspectives

and soon!

How to use the Review function effectively - that's the topic I'm hoping a future video will clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelande View Post
The video also referred to several of the more advanced features and seemed to imply that they would be covered later (but then never where in the video).
I got the impression that there would be more videos in the future. "In the course of these screencasts, we're gonna cover some of the key features of OmniFocus..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
How to use the Review function effectively - that's the topic I'm hoping a future video will clarify.
Me too, it's one of the points that I have trouble understanding.

Last edited by olivier; 2007-11-21 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier View Post
Me too, it's one of the points which I've of the evil to apprehend.
Que vous avez du mal à comprendre? Ce serait : "that I have trouble understanding." "Evil" veut dire le mal au sens moral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Que vous avez du mal à comprendre? Ce serait : "that I have trouble understanding." "Evil" veut dire le mal au sens moral.
Merci de m'avoir corrigé! je modifie mon post.