Originally Posted by MacSparky
This is a subject near and dear to my heart. I would love to see OF on my iphone. The current web solution doesn't work for me for a variety of reasons. For me, OF and the ability to sync and crypt notes is the one missing issue.
Ahh... a kindred spirit.
I had some nice third party apps on my old palm that saved a lot of time and thought for me.
The internet thing will not work long term for iPhone.
• The internet connection is unreliable. I can't even get it in my apartment and I live in the center of a big city.
• It's less secure.
• I need quick and painless access to certain types of date that is reliable, and always on the iPhone.
Here are the applications I am hoping for that will be third party local on the iPhone.
• OmniFocus... duh.
• Password, software serial number manager.
(imperative when my computer crashes and I need to reinstall or for quick access to the hundreds of passwords, serial numbers I manage.)
• Sync-able Searchable Notepad.
(for the gobs of arcane data that I paid dearly for with time to figure out that I don't want to have to spend time searching for again.)
• Grocery list: complete with searchable items to add to my list, along with an aisle field that I can sort on so I make one pass through the grocery store. Also allows different grocery stores to store different information.
• Multiple timers (cooking, laundry, and whatnot.)
Those are the big ones that I need to have all the time.
In the palm it was:
LifeBalance, SplashID, Memo-Leaf, SplashShopper & mobileClock.
But the palm never synced well with the mac.
I'm extremely happy with the way my calendar and contacts stay synced!
So much time was spent fixing the data on the palm.
Not to mention the beautiful interface on the iPhone.
And allowing me to combine my cellphone with the iPod.
It's a beautiful thing.