The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New to Omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using Appigo Todo and I have been running into some limitations such as lack of nested folders and the inability to set-up different alerts for each action in a project. I understand that nested folders is available for Omnifocus, but how do alerts function?

Also, I'd rather not buy the Mac version of Omnifocus, just the iPad version, but I'm curious if I'm missing a big feature by only having the iPad version.

Alerts are actually a little better in the iPhone edition right now, since it can run iOS 4 and get access to the new alert features Apple added.

iPad still runs iOS 3, so we have to export a calendar file to your iDisk (or similar) and then get the calendar app to subscribe to that calendar file. It's workable, but I greatly prefer how it works on the iPhone.

The Mac edition has the ability to create custom views of your database called Perspectives; these sync over to the iPad and work there, but you can't create them on the iPad at this time.

Then ahead, the iPad has Forecast view, which isn't on the Mac yet, so it's not all bad news, I guess. :-)