The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Additional note columns Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For my uses, the style of note that is exclusive to column 2 is incredibly useful.

Being able to add a particular style at any level of the hierarchy by tacking on to a parent, so to speak, as opposed to having to add a custom style every time, is fantastic. However, in the document I am working on currently, there are three different types of notes that I am adding. Using additional columns to the right of my main column does not serve me well.

Is there anyway to add more note columns?

An example of what I can do now:
A level 1 row.
{{Note Style 1}}
A Level 2 row
A Level 3 row
{{Note Style 1}}

An example of what I would like to be able to do
A level 1 row.
{{Note Style 2}}
A Level 2 row
{{Note Style 2}}
{{Note Style 3}}
A Level 3 row
{{Note Style 2}}
{{NOTE STYLE 1}}

Edit:
Additional questions.

Is there a way to expand and collapse all rows of a certain level? I see that I can select arbitrary rows and tell them to expand or collapse together, but I don't see anyway to collapse every row 5 at once.

Last edited by dehmosthrynne; 2010-10-22 at 03:28 AM..

Multiple notes for an item isn't currently possible, but I'm reasonably sure that we have a feature request open on that; if you email our support ninjas, they can attach your email to that item so the rest of the team knows you'd like to see this added.

Regarding the "collapse all items" - there isn't a built in feature that does this, but it's not far from what some of the scripts in the Useful Scripts package do. Since AppleScripts can be added to the OmniOutliner toolbars, it wouldn't be too much work to give yourself a button that does this. (Installing AppleScripts as toolbar buttons is covered in the "About" document that comes with the package.)

After a bit more research, and if I'm reading your request correctly, I think the "Collapse to level x" script does pretty much what you want...

Thanks for the feedback! appreciate it.