The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

customize ical format? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Is it possible to customize the iCal output when export to HTML? Specifically, I would like to be able to map the note field to the iCalendar URL field...

Adhamh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhamh
Hello,

Is it possible to customize the iCal output when export to HTML? Specifically, I would like to be able to map the note field to the iCalendar URL field...

Adhamh
This isn't possible in OmniPlan currently. I'll file a feature request for this in our database for you along with your comments. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
This isn't possible in OmniPlan currently. I'll file a feature request for this in our database for you along with your comments. :-)

Do you have any other suggestions? Here's the use case:

I want to use OmniPlan for project management and Trac for issue tracking. Every issue in Trac has a unique URL. I would like to be able to embed this URL some where in the exported HTML so that others can view the HTML and be taken to the Trac ticket that is "linked" to the Omniplan task.

I can customize the standard HTML Template so that it includes the note field, however the link to the Trac ticket is not clickable. If this is the only solution it will work, but something more elegent would be nice.

Thanks.

If the only thing you're ever putting in the notes is the Trac link, you could wrap the notes in an a href tag, something like this:

Code:
<td><a href="{@Notes@}">Trac</a></td>
or

Code:
<td><a href="{@Notes@}">{@Notes@}</a></td>
The first gives you a shorter link, but will show the word "Trac" whether there's a link there or not. The latter should only show up if there's actually stuff in the notes, but then it'll show the bare URL.

If your notes sometimes have Trac links and sometimes have other text, this will not work so great. In that situation, I'd recommend making a custom data column for your tasks, dedicated to Trac links, and adding that to your TaskTemplate.html (still wrapping it in the a href as above). Then you can use the Notes field for plain notes.

Thanks for the tip. This sounds like it will work, but I'm having trouble.

I went to a task, opened the inspector and when to custom data. I added a Key called "Trac" and a url for the value.

I then edited the TaskTemplate.html file to look like this:

<h1>Task Report: {@Project Title@}</h1>
<table class="basic" id="task-report">
<tr>
<td class="header">ID</td>
<td class="header">Task</td>
<td class="header">Trac</td>
[SNIP]
{@Tasks@}
<tr class="{@Task Type@}">
<td>{@ID@}</td>
<td class="wrap">{@Title@}</td>
<td class="wrap"><a href ={@Trac@}>Trac</a></td>
<td>{@Start@}</td>
<td>{@End@}</td>
[SNIP]

On the Task Report page of the HTML Export, I now have a Trac column with a Trac link, but the value of that link is file:///Users/adhamh/Desktop/myproject.htmld/myproject.html insted of the http URL I entered as the value.

What did I do wrong?

The behavior I'm seeing is that if the trac column has a value, you get the correct link. Only if it doesn't have a value, then you get the link to the page itself, like you're experiencing. Here's my html page, in case it's different from yours somehow. (Just change the extension back to .html)
Attached Files
File Type: txt TaskTemplate.txt (1.0 KB, 527 views)