The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug: "cleaned-up" inbox items reappear on relaunch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Same for me. Tried setting the default and nothing. (Does it matter that I have two potential single action buckets, even if only one is defined as a default?)

I am just adding a reply to this thread to say, "Me too". It's been happening for awhile now.

I've found that if I set a perspective for the task it stays gone when you tell it to go away.

Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterBoss View Post
I've found that if I set a perspective for the task it stays gone when you tell it to go away.
I'm puzzled by this. A perspective is a saved view of your data; it's not a property of a task. Do you mean context or project?

Well, the problem seems to have gone away in some recent build. At least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I'm puzzled by this. A perspective is a saved view of your data; it's not a property of a task. Do you mean context or project?
Yeah, you're right. My bad.

Context

And, I think I have last night's build and it's still doing it

Christopher

I have the problem in build 92120 (9-28-2007 20:10:06). When I'm in the InBox, if I check off an item that doesn't have a context or project yet, it goes to my Miscellaneous bucket (default for singletons) and stays there, crossed through, forever (exiting OF doesn't help, nor clicking on Clean Up however many times). I have to select items like this and delete them manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
I have the problem in build 92120 (9-28-2007 20:10:06). When I'm in the InBox, if I check off an item that doesn't have a context or project yet, it goes to my Miscellaneous bucket (default for singletons) and stays there, crossed through, forever (exiting OF doesn't help, nor clicking on Clean Up however many times). I have to select items like this and delete them manually.
Is it visible even if you are not showing Completed or All actions? If so, report the bug. If it is only visible with those filters, that's normal behavior: completed actions remain in the OmniFocus database until you delete them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Is it visible even if you are not showing Completed or All actions? If so, report the bug. If it is only visible with those filters, that's normal behavior: completed actions remain in the OmniFocus database until you delete them.
OK, no, they are not visible if a filter is set to "Remaining" and left that way.

OTOH, if they have no context, when I am in Context view, filtering for Completed items, the ones in No Context don't show up!

I've reported all this to the ninjas.

>>>completed actions remain in the OmniFocus database until you delete them

I find this unbelievably frustrating. The way completed items hang around in various places--I won't go into detail here--is driving me absolutely nuts. And I think it's bad psychologically. We want to be Getting Things Done! And yet, when we get them done and check them off, they're still hanging around somewhere! Even after "cleaning up"!

I still love--abolutely love--the way many of the UI procedures are handled; the design is beautiful, for the most part. But this issue of completed items is dragging me down. I keep thinking about how iGTD handles it: they disappear instantly, are never in your face again, and are tidily swept into the "Completed" area. If you ever want to find 'em, you can. That's what I'd like to see in OF.

Last edited by santra; 2007-10-01 at 08:00 PM..

When I check an action off, it disappears. When I mark a project as complete, it disappears.

I'm using my filters to make this happen. I'm showing only "Active Projects", only "Remaining" actions in Project mode and "Available" actions in Context mode.

I don't think you need to be frustrated, you may only need to set your filters appropriately.