The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO and OF integration...can we brainstorm our best practices? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am starting to make OmniOutliner files that correspond to my projects. These files are for keeping notes and research for the project as a whole. I have been dragging the files into the notes field so I can quickly open then when doing my review.

Is this a good use of OO for project material?
Is there a script that makes an OO file automatically named after the highlighted project and then adds it to the note field?
Would this be something that could be developed into future version of OF?

How else do you use OmniOutliner with OmniFocus?

I would very much like to learn about this as well. Anyone?

I've always thought that Omni misses a trick by not integrating their programs better,
ie. I find it irritating that I have to go via OmniOutliner to import OPML data into OmniFocus.

An interesting idea and one that I believe has great potential, has been proffered by Marcus Sommer in a thread opened in the Omni Lounge, click this link to take a look.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-08-10 at 09:22 AM..