The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between the two outlines in project view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just noticed that the arrow keys are a convenient way to navigate the folder/project and project/task panels when in project view (i.e. left and right collapses/expands). However, I don't know how to navigate between the two project view outlines (the one the left and the one on the right). If I can get that shortcut I could navigate anywhere in project or context view with just the keyboard.

I second this! Command-Left Arrow and Command-Right Arrow seem to be logical choices. The same should apply in the context view as well.

I third the motion.

As a crude workaround: you could create a basic "Project" perspective and "Context" perspective, then create custom keyboard shortcuts in the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane. Drawback of this is that it will always open a new window for the perspective.

Dan

dbyler: there's already keyboard shortcuts for flipping between project and context view (cmd-1 and cmd-2).

moonhawk: cmd-left and cmd-right are already in use to expand and collapse folders in the left pane. (This is consistent with OmniOutliner.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
dbyler: there's already keyboard shortcuts for flipping between project and context view (cmd-1 and cmd-2).

moonhawk: cmd-left and cmd-right are already in use to expand and collapse folders in the left pane. (This is consistent with OmniOutliner.)
Lizard: How about one panel in project view to the other panel in project view?

Not that I know of. That's why I didn't mention it :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Lizard: How about one panel in project view to the other panel in project view?
We're planning to use Option-Tab to switch between the sidebar and the action outline, but we haven't implemented that yet.