The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

HTTP-like items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm fairly new to using OmniFocus, and haven't really got the hang of all these different ways of viewing things.

So I put in a packing list for travel in my Travel section in Projects.

I wanted to move it to Contexts.

I copy-and-pasted the whole action "Pack" and its sub-items "jammies", "passport", etc, but couldn't see any way to use them in 'Add Action'.

So I just opened a new window, so I had one for Contexts and the other for Projects, and dragged the items out of the Projects and into the centre pane of the Travel section in Contexts.

But they transferred as http-like links - blue and underlined.

What's all this about?

Bonjour, sorry for the confusion here - you don't really need to move things from projects to contexts or vice versa. If you add an action in project view and enter something into the "context" field, that same action will show up in context view.

I'm not quite sure "center pane in context view" means - there's a sidebar on the left that shows the contexts you've created, and then on the right there's an outline view that shows your actions.

We'll be happy to help you sort this out, but you probably want to email the support ninjas from under the Help menu in OmniFocus. It may help for you to include some screenshots of what you are seeing.

(You can take a screenshot by pressing command-shift-4, which will give you a selection cursor. Tap your Space key, click on the window you want to capture, and when you release the mouse the image will be saved to your desktop as 'Picture 1', 'Picture 2', etc.)

You can then drag the images to an email message and send them to us. We'll use the information they contain to try and figure out what's going on here.