The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with Mail to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I had the same problem of the rule being activated but no task being created in OmniFocus.

For me the problem was I had added myemail+omnifocus@gmail.com as a contact in my address book and given it the name OmniFocus. When I deleted this contact it worked.

As a side note for support, when I applied the rule to existing messages in my inbox it recognized the email address even when the contact name was listed as OmniFocus.

Also, I was and I am still getting the MailTags error when I try and create a Mail rule in OmniFocus. It seems to only be triggered when I change the "Archived processed messages in" setting. The work around is to add the "move to folder" yourself in the mail rule.

I have tried a number of the suggestions in this thread and still can't get this working again. My configuration now is to use the +omnifocus trigger (but I've also tried leading characters. Using "~~~" is what worked in the past). Now when the script runs it moves the message to the Archive folder, but it doesn't change the status to read (so the rule starts but only performs the first action - points to a mail.app issue more than an OF issue). If I highlight the messages after they have been moved to the Archive folder and "Apply Rules" tasks are created in the OF Inbox as expected.

Not sure what to do differently. I tried to change the order of the actions to apply the script first, then mark read, then move the message, and finally stop applying rules but that didn't work. Any help welcomed.

Running the following on an Intel MacBook Pro:
Mac OS 10.7.4
Mail.app 5.2 (1278)
Omni Focus 1.10.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by klueders View Post
I have tried a number of the suggestions in this thread and still can't get this working again. My configuration now is to use the +omnifocus trigger (but I've also tried leading characters. Using "~~~" is what worked in the past). Now when the script runs it moves the message to the Archive folder, but it doesn't change the status to read (so the rule starts but only performs the first action - points to a mail.app issue more than an OF issue). If I highlight the messages after they have been moved to the Archive folder and "Apply Rules" tasks are created in the OF Inbox as expected.

Not sure what to do differently. I tried to change the order of the actions to apply the script first, then mark read, then move the message, and finally stop applying rules but that didn't work. Any help welcomed.

Running the following on an Intel MacBook Pro:
Mac OS 10.7.4
Mail.app 5.2 (1278)
Omni Focus 1.10.3
I'm experiencing this exact same problem, latest version of Omnifocus and latest version of Mountain Lion. I was planning to purchase Omnifocus for a coworker so I could send them tasks, but without this feature working we'll have to investigate another solution.