The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new sync to iPod script Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewbate View Post
I've had most of the above, but a couple of tweaks has got me to the stage where I'm getting the following;

"AppleScript reported the following error:
OmniFocus got an error: Can’t get every task of folder id "ihkmMbSGR3Y" of document id "fs1UqBP8c6n"."

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey... what's probably happening is that one of your folders or project names is duplicated (this happens sometimes when you checkmark all tasks on a reoccurring project). The script's mkdir call fails and halts everything. If I remember correctly, this can happen if you have the same context names (e.g. having a home:freetime context and a work:freetime context) as well.

I know there's an easy way to fix it (a quick change of the cmdlne call i'm sure), but its a little too deep into the "yak" for my talents.

If you run the script in ScriptEditor with the EventLog pane open, you can deduce which thing is duplicated by checking the last log before the error. Instead of a semi-useless "folderid" or something, you'll actually see the full path, and can then check in OF for the duplicate (don't forget to show completed and dropped projects/contexts).

Beware though, this takes FOREVER if you've been using OF for a long time... the script also checks and creates folders for dropped and completed tasks as well, and iterating & logging the whole process took hours for me (I just stopped it after catching and correcting a few dupes, because it was preventing me from GTD).

Wish I had an iTouch or something... but I'm holding out on replacing my Video for at least another rev.

Hope that helped.

Last edited by hagure; 2008-08-26 at 11:54 AM..