The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.1 on Friday? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just found the OmniFocus 1.1 sneakypeak builds, but it seems too late to get in on the daily builds.

Very disappointed 1.0 beta tester about finding out about the 1.1 sneaky peak program at this point.

Anger aside when can we see a 1.1 update? I would guess some kind of update is in order so I can sync my iPod Touch and Omnifocus with my desktop on Friday; however, will there be a more substantial update on Friday? I would really love to be able to finally resize the context column which is silly small on my 24" iMac.

Go ahead and sign up for the sneaky peek. We're adding people as stability increases and we can keep up with the support burden. (No point having 50 people tell us about a crash we already know about.)

I don't know if I can talk about when 1.1 might become a wide-open beta, but we are scrambling to reach that stability point as soon as possible.

I did just sign up. Thanks.

Yeah there are too many people who point out obvious things which would certainly be a burden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvtim View Post
Yeah there are too many people who point out obvious things which would certainly be a burden.
As a developer (not of OF), I'd say that alpha testers should definitely report every problem, even if it seems obvious. It could be an apparently glaring bug that only shows up on certain machine configurations, for example. OmniGroup's staged sneaky-peek invites control the volume of reports by balancing the known bugs with the number of testers.

Curt

I hope it reaches the public beta soon. Omnifocus is the reason I'm getting the iphone and without syncing there's not much point to it.

Good point, Curt. I did not mean to imply that we didn't want people's feedback. If you're using an OmniFocus Sneaky Peek (or really any release of any of our apps) and you think something's gone wrong or just isn't as awesome as it could be, please let us know.

cashdollar: Yes, we realize that, and we're scrambling to get it as stable as we can as fast as we can. But an iPhone with OmniFocus that syncs with a desktop OmniFocus that deletes all tasks starting with the letter "C" or won't launch on Tuesdays isn't very useful either.

Been using 1.1 SP is really great. Been syncing with .Mac/Me for a few days with no issues.

Cannot WAIT for the iPhone application.

BZ

Also been using sneaky peak v1.1 and it is working fine for me - YMMV!!!

I am loving being able to sync via .mac. It has really made this app shine for me as now I can get on and use it without worrying whether I had the right file or not.

Cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to the iPhone version!!

I'm curious about 1.1 and licensing. We have a few licenses for folks here at my company, and many have MBPs and MPs and go back and forth in real-time (with the wonderful app Teleport) between them at times. So, we may have a user who is working on both machines. I see that sync is coming, but I wonder how licensing works. If I am one user, can I have OF on both of my machines, and if I do, can I run them and just sync? I don't want to violate any licensing, of course, and right now our users just put OF on one machine.

I don't want to lead you astray by anything I might mis-remember, so I'll point you at the official info:
On https://store.omnigroup.com/ look for the blue info icon in the lower right corner. Right below it, there's a link for "how our electronic licenses work"

If that doesn't satisfy your question, please email omnifocus@omnigroup.com and someone more enlightened than me can help you out.