The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bookmark Question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I save a Bookmark to Favorites it works fine as long as Preferences is set to placing the bookmark 'On the Top of The List'. But when it is set to the placing it on the bottom, it worked a couple of times but now nothing happens. No bookmarks added. why is this happening?

thanks.

I don't recall seeing this before. Does it appear to happen with all pages or just some? Do you get the add bookmark sheet before hand or is it supposed to get saved directly to your bookmarks? Do you use a subfolder or are you saving to the top level?

Hi, This happens when saving to Favorites only. What I noticed is that you will not see the added bookmark unless the browser window is open large enough to accomodate the new bookmark. If not, you will not see it until you make the screen larger. In Camino it doesn't matter how large the screen is. I new row is created and you can see the added bookmark.
what is also a little annoying is that when you create a bookmark in favorites it leaves not only the name of what is being bookmarked such Ebay, the NY Times, etc, it adds - more info which just takes up space in the favorite bar. For the NYTimes it was: Breaking News, World News, and Multimedia. When that much info is added to the bookmark bar, it will fill up very quickly. So far you have to edit the Label in the bookmark bar to keep it short. In Camino it leaves all that extra stuff out.

Just wanted to pass this info on.
Thanks

Ahh I think I understand what you're seeing now. There is an issue with bookmarks where if you cause the bar to wrap, the newly created line doesn't draw correctly at first. If you make the window bigger, then back to the original size, does it show up?

There's also a limit of 4 lines so if you try to add more than 4 lines of bookmarks to your favorites, there will be a cutoff point based on how big your window is.