The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Populate Template Placeholders script Not filling placeholders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just discovered the Populate Template Placeholders script by curtclifton.net

I have installed, but when I run it, the placeholders are left untouched - ie it just duplicates the project and all the data I just entered is not seen anywhere.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Sounds like you've got the note entry correct, as it is prompting you for placeholder values, but perhaps you didn't get the placeholders correct in the body of the template. It's not a bad idea to build the template project by copying and pasting the placeholders from the line in the notes field, as even slight changes will cause the script to believe the placeholder is just text to be copied, not a placeholder. A leading or trailing space between the «» makes it not match, for example.

Curt's script is good and I've used it for quite a while, but I've recently started using this script for templates, which I've found to be an evolutionary improvement on Curt's script:

http://pxldot.com/projects

Might be worth giving it a try.