The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

'Under Construction?' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's probably just me, but i'd love to have the stripes in the final version as an option. :)

I like the stripes too. So I remember that all my OW betas in the past (4.x, 5.x) were more stable than the final versions of other browsers, really :-))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue Salazar
It's probably just me, but i'd love to have the stripes in the final version as an option. :)
I think it might be just you ;)...

I'd like to get back the the pure title bar eventually

I dunno if I should get too far into this 'controversy', other than saying this really is a storm in a teacup; we are dealing with pre-release software and the stripes are an appropriate measure, particularly in defence against 'bad' press.

...but anyway, it's basically resolved, those a little too sensitive about it can turn it off (and you'd hope would be responsible enough not to spread negative feedback, or non-final screenshots...)

In the light of day, I would think that the designer's in this forum (graphic, interface or otherwise) would be familiar with protecting their own work-in-progress, so perhaps we should respect the OG guys doing the same. :)

Just my 2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Another reason to put the stripes on are to make screen shots of the sneaky peeks distiguishable from the official release. I suppose we could consider changing the window title to "[SNEAKY PEAK] Page Title" or some other way to differentiate.

Just to let you know, we really toned this down for the OmniWeb sneaky peaks, other Omni applications previously had a much stronger stripe:

That's funny ... this is the first time I've ever noticed the stripes and I've used other Omni sneaky peaks on a number of occasions. I guess because they are more subtle, I immediately wondered why they were there.

And reading this forum with them really confused me for a moment, as the title bar said "Under construction - Omni Group Forums ..." Made me think the "Under construction" was part of the sneaky peak warning!:o

I'll think about turning the stripes off, but they're not that distracting to me.

Mark

Woah, there are some strong words being used here - 'Controversy', 'Upset', 'Sensitive'. These don't describe my feelings at all

These design things matter to me, but don't call me upset just because I don't like my Omniweb looking like a bad Shapeshifter theme! ;)

Last edited by Jon Hicks; 2006-04-28 at 03:01 AM..

sp7 is nearly perfect. So we have to discuss the stripes since the rest is working find :)

:D Good point! So about those stripes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorema67
sp7 is nearly perfect. So we have to discuss the stripes since the rest is working find :)
:eek:
*fine* sorry

I (unfortunately for me) found a reason to get rid of the stripes: it seems that the modification keeps the window from minimizing on a double-click.