The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Move Data Archive to Another Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, everyone.

I'm curios if there is a preferred method for moving the Data Archive onto a new Mac?

I see four files under ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus

(1) Archive.ofocus-archive
(2) OmniFocus.ofocus
(3) OmniFocus.ofocus.lock
(4) OmniFocus~.ofocus

I'm going to get a new machine, and I'm curious if I should install OmniFocus then copy these four files to the Library location? Any other ideas or suggestions? Thank you.

Adam

If you're migrating to a new Mac, I'd go ahead and copy that entire folder and drop it into the same location on the new Mac. You may also want to copy over the following files:

- Your preferences file, located here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist

- Your backup files:

~/Documents/OmniFocus Backups

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help! :)

Long ago, Omni's CEO expressed an interest in syncing the data archive as well as the database, so that one could always look at the data, even when at the "wrong" Mac. If that sounds like a useful feature to you, use Help->Send Feedback to send in a request for it!

That does sound like a useful feature. I will definitely write some feedback.