The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript to automate the backup/restore of DB Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to automate the backing up and restoring of the OmniFocus DB. I'm hoping to hook this up such that I can have the DBs on my two machines sync with less manual input.

There doesn't appear to be anything in the OmniFocus Applescript dictionary, and my attempts to try and automate by selecting menu items have failed.

I've used a script like this to try the latter:

tell application "System Events"
tell process "OmniFocus" to tell menu bar 1
click menu item "Back Up Database..." of menu "File"
end tell
end tell

But when executing this, I get the following error:

of-save.scpt:78:137: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get menu item "Back Up Database..." of menu "File" of menu bar 1 of process "OmniFocus". (-1728)

Does anyone know what's going wrong here? Is there any easier way to achieve what I'm after?

The Archive method of the document class may be what you need.

e.g. something analogous to:
Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	set strPath to ((path to desktop) as string) & "Archive.ofocus"
	archive default document in file strPath
end tell

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-02-17 at 01:22 PM..