The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

A passel of 5.9/6.0 feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
select text right click search like safari...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
select text right click search like safari...
Yes good Idea - BUT!!! This function is hard linked to launch Safari and search. So it needs to be adapted to load existing tab/window in OW but respond to modifier keys for alternative tab/window behavior that OW supports. ie: command + right click on selected text-select search opens and new tab/window and does the search rather than the default of using the current tab/window. iCab does this.

Please, please, please reinvent web history! I feel so constrained on all the web browsers out there with their linear history. Web history is and ought to be represented as a tree or a DAG visually. This shouldn't be too hard for the OmniWizards to do - after all, OmniGraffle excels at this. Take the same ideas and apply them to web history, please!

i think that if you want to revisit a closed tab, then using your history cache is an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmastenbrook View Post
Please, please, please reinvent web history! I feel so constrained on all the web browsers out there with their linear history. Web history is and ought to be represented as a tree or a DAG visually. This shouldn't be too hard for the OmniWizards to do - after all, OmniGraffle excels at this. Take the same ideas and apply them to web history, please!
I'm coming in extremely late in this, and likely too far behind the times to be of service; but I wholeheartedly agree with the basic idea back of this suggestion ... Although I believe he meant that OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle excels at the notion (due to the outlining feature).

I'd love to see sortable history.

BUT I'd like that history to display with an OmniOutliner look and feel (with Solid arrowheads) :
A) Date/Day { 2009 February 33rd Thursday - Which could be prefixed with "Today" as needed } (Date Format set in preferences),
B) Website Name { but no matter how many times you've visited the site, nor what portion of the site you've visited - I'd like to see only ONE entry },
C) x-Number "Items" { if you've gone to portions of the Website }.
D) Sub-Listing leading with Time in 24 hour format {Set in Preferences}, in Time-order where you've been on that site {Complete URL}
( you might have bounced from that site to another and back again; maybe you were comparing prices or whathaveyou, just as an example ).

This will accord a tidy list for a clean one-view, easy to absorb, obvious history purposes, and could be compacted by closing the sub-list (solid arrowhead), thus collapsing or expanding any portion whatever.

Therefore the list would be :

Date/Day (Principle)
Website Name (Primary)
x-Number "Items" (Secondary)
Sub-Listing leading with Time in 24 hour format (Tertiary)

Sorted by Time yields the current sort of real time blow-by-blow, full URL list.
Sorted by Website Name would be an easy to follow, general list.
All Browsers already sort by Date; my request would simply add showing the Day along with the Date.

I also contemplated a listing for every day, with the annotation "No Entries" . Unsure if other users would find that an hinderance, however.