The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is omnioutliner - help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have ominioutliner app in my intel mac applications folder. I have absolutely no idea what it is for & I haven't been able to find out.

I find this difficulty in finding out basic information about software utterly appalling & I have had a complete overdose of it recently.

the reason I am trying to find out about omnioutliner is that I exported my wordpress blog to my computer to back it up. An XML file was downloaded which told me I couldn't open it.

All my efforts to find out why have failed.

I just had to guess there was some connection with omnioutliner, but heaven knows what it might be because all I have found so far is just random bits of useless information.

Can anyone tell me what Omnioutliner is used for, without me having to spend hours reading irrelevancies and just guessing.

I think software writers must be the biggest idiots on the planet for their inabilty to explain their product to users.

Sorry for the confusion rocketone! If the information in
Help -> OmniOutliner Help -> Introduction
and/or the OmniOutliner page on our website wasn't clear enough, we'd love to have feedback on how to improve that. Hope this helps!

As for why the app's installed on your Mac - if you purchased Pro-level Apple hardware between (I think) 2001 and 2006 or so, you received a free copy of several apps, including ours. It was a "hardware bundle" program Apple was running for several years.

If you've been backing up your Mac with Time Machine or similar and bringing your info forward to new hardware as you purchased it, the bundled copy of the app could easily appear on your current machine.