The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

problems with alignment Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the margins on omnioutliner pro. When I start a document everything is fien and I'm able to utilize the whole page across. But then I'll paste something from word, with smaller margins, and everything after will be held to the same margins - I can't find the paragraph tail symbol on the ruler after that to move it back - it seems to have disappeared. Also, the alignment is set at justify right, whereas before none of the alignment butttons in the ruler seem to be selected.

Again, I'm sorrry but I've been trying to figure it out for an hour and I give up.

I'm grateful for any help.

Format->Text->Show Ruler (or cmd-R) ought to give you some of the tools you need to get the mess cleaned up. But to clean up the hard wraps inserted in the text, you need something like WordService: http://www.devon-technologies.com/pr.../services.html

There's a good thread on this general matter here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10591