The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

1.7 Update reverts to default toolbar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just updated one of my computers to the release version of 1.7. I had customised my toolbar by adding some of my perspectives with custom icons and had set the toolbar to small icons with text.

After updating to 1.7, it has reverted to the default toolbar and large icons with text. Why has this happened? I've looked in the Perspectives window and all of my perspectives that had custom icons applied to them have now got the default icon. The custom icons all seem to be available for selection so why have they been removed? Now I have to change everything back manually.a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonC View Post
After updating to 1.7, it has reverted to the default toolbar and large icons with text.
Sorry, I meant to add a note about that in the release notes but apparently it slipped my mind!

The toolbar in 1.7 was reset (for the first time in two years) because it needs to be configured to refer to the new syncing perspectives used by 1.7, rather than referring to the earlier perspectives which were stored on disk. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!

Where can we find the old perspectives (in order to snag the icons)?

Thanks a bunch,
-Chuck

Your old perspectives should still be where they've always been, in Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives (in your home directory).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Your old perspectives should still be where they've always been, in Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives (in your home directory).
The perspectives are there, but in order to get the actual icons you have to right-click (or ctrl-click) and go to "Show Package Contents". The icon will be in there and you can drag it to your new perspective.

Ouch - this bit me as well.

I had a pretty busy toolbar - is there any way after the fact to find out just what perspectives I had on it in what order (he asked hopefully)?

Could you boot the Old Omnifocus and take a screen shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyroad View Post
Can I download and install 1.6.1 and it will work as before? I updated via the Check For Updates and replaced my original without archiving.

Last edited by DamonC; 2009-08-29 at 12:36 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyroad View Post
I don't have the previous version any longer. Does Omni still offer it somewhere for download? Would this cause any other problems (ie. Opening a now 1.7.1 database with 1.6)?