The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat after Completed? Newbie question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I set an action to Repeat after Completed? The PDF manual says:

> Choose how to count the repeat interval. You can count ... from the completion date (for something that needs to happen a certain duration after the last time you did it, like getting a haircut). <

That's exactly what I want, but I don't see how (presumably in the Inspector) to specify that the repeat should "count from the completion date". I tried typing "2 days after completed" into the "Repeat every" field, but that reverted to "2 days". I suspect I need to enter something into the Start, Due or Completed fields in the Inspector but can't guess the semantics.

If this question is already answered I'd be grateful for a pointer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspector_repeat_2_days.png
Views:	610
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1112   Click image for larger version

Name:	OmniFocus_Swim.png
Views:	568
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1113  

Last edited by jciccare; 2009-10-10 at 11:52 AM..

The documentation doesn't seem to have caught up with the updated repeat inspector in 1.7. (You can use Help → Send Feedback to report the documentation bug.)

I think what you want is to set the item to "Due Again" 2 days "after completion". Changing the first drop down from "Repeat Every" to "Due Again" adds the text after the duration field.

Here's a snapshot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	650
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1114

Curt

Ah, I hadn't learned/recalled that there were other choices behind "Repeat", accessible via the up/down arrow control! I had it in my head that the only choices were "Don't repeat" and "Repeat every". And sure enough -- the PDF manual is for version 1.5. Thanks for the snapshot.

I just reported the lagging documentation, and also requested some images of the Inspector in the manual (there are 21 mentions but no pictures).

Last edited by jciccare; 2009-10-10 at 03:30 PM..