The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't find my calendar in the preference list [A: sync to a local calendar.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(especially as Things, e.g., syncs without problems to any iCloud-ToDo-List). It's just not as good a task manager :-D

I was looking at iCal syncing now that I have Reminders on my iPhone as a way to share some tasks with others so removing instead of expanding/developing this feature is bad news.

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

I can't even set up ical sync because no calendars are shown in OF. :-(

Hello: I am using Omnifocus (version 1.93) on OSX 10.72. I am unable to drag my unsynchronized contexts to ical calendars. I do not see any of my ical calendars in the left pane (see screen grab attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ical sync_pref.png
Views:	580
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	2061  

Welcome to the forums, ger23! I'll move this post to a previous thread which I believe has the info you're looking for. If the info in the new location doesn't get you up and running, contact our support ninjas (800.315.6664 or omnifocus@omnigroup.com) and we'll be happy to assist. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Brian; 2011-10-20 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: correct typo

Moving these posts to a thread in the iCal Syncing forum which includes the answers people are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb View Post
I was looking at iCal syncing now that I have Reminders on my iPhone as a way to share some tasks with others so removing instead of expanding/developing this feature is bad news.
I'd encourage folks that feel strongly about this feature to read Ken's post at the start of this thread and then contribute information about their workflows there.

No one disputes the value of the existing feature to some workflows and customers - the difficulty arises from the fact that the feature is being used in a variety of ways it wasn't originally designed for, and consequently provides a sub-par experience. The way to address that isn't to keep the current feature limping along, though.

One example of the way to address a situation like this: once Forecast view comes to the Mac app, the "I want to see all my stuff in one place" folks will get a better experience for less effort. The same seems likely to be true for other workflows, as well. ("I want to share with other people" workflows, for example, might benefit from OmniFocus/OmniPlan syncing, or multiuser-aware OmniFocus/OmniFocus syncing.)

And bordering on the ridiculous. Come on, we have been using OmniFocus not just because it is a great time and project management tool, but because it is one that integrated with "tools" that we use every day - LIKE OUR CALENDAR!
The OmniGroup knew that iCloud was coming. You knew what the synchronization to the cloud would look like. You have support for "WebDav", but rather than support the environment that Apple is driving everyone to you decide to just put up your own "OmniCloud" that doesn't provide the same level of integration that we have come to expect and use?!
As an IT Executive I can only wonder what your management team was thinking. I hope this gets rectified soon, otherwise I won't be able to use this product, nor will I support it in my organizations.
Regards

I know there are IT executives who make decisions based on what their users want...do you consider yourself one of them?

Omni's sync server was up and running over a year before iCloud was publicly announced, much less deployed.