The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unified Toolbar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know Omnigroup are focussing on getting integration with WebKit for 5.5, but I wondered what the possibility of moving to a unified toolbar would be? If I've got this right, 5.5 will be a Tiger-only release, which would make this relevant. Especially as enabling it is just a matter of ticking a box in Interface Builder. I do this on my copy (main browser window, downloads, preferences, source view and zoomed editor when that returns). The default icons work well with the unified toolbar too.

Anyone else feel strongly about this?

I've modified my OW to have a unified toolbar ever since Jon had it on hicksdesign. I currently don't have the unified toolbar enabled, because I use a ShapeShifter theme which achieves the same effect. Seeing that it IS so simple to implement, I second this motion!

In that case - yay!

I love the unified toolbar. It improves the aesthetics of OW dramatically. Now, can the favorites bar also be incorporated into the unified toolbar? That would make the overall appearance much, MUCH neater.

The progress of OW5.5 is very nice thus far. Thanks guys!

I'm a low vision user, and I much prefer reading the fave bar bookmark names black against white, as opposed to black on steely gray. So if you do allow the fave bar to be totally unified, please make it a pref to check!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse the K
I'm a low vision user, and I much prefer reading the fave bar bookmark names black against white, as opposed to black on steely gray. So if you do allow the fave bar to be totally unified, please make it a pref to check!
The current version is black type on light grey. I can see not having a separator being an issue (though I wouldn't notice it much because I have the address bar showing on its own row.)

I too use the separate address bar for OW. I find it especially handy on my 12" screen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutiaeMan
I too use the separate address bar for OW. I find it especially handy on my 12" screen!
Yeah, I like it for the 'whizziness' of auto-hiding and showing the address bar... it makes for a less cluttered window (e.g. minimise or hide the toolbar) and it's... kinda cool! ;)

Of course the Address bar still works with the 'pre-toolbar search field' shortcuts, so it has a little of that QuickSilver/Spotlight feel about it... and it's snazzier than Camino's sheet for 'Open Location'. :)

Hi all

Sorry to interrupt in your thread but what is actually a unified toolbar ?