The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Constantly asking for keychain access? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know why OmniWeb is asking for my keychain password EVERY time I go to a site that has a stored password? It never used to do this, and it's driving me nuts!

Is it the same site or does it only happen once for each site?

If it's the same site, in Keychain Access, double click on the entry for this site and select the Access Control tab. Does OmniWeb appear in the list?

If it's different sites, OmniWeb will ask once for each site you access but once this is done, assuming you're on 5.7 and 10.5.2, you won't get asked again, even after updating OmniWeb.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-05-05 at 10:59 AM..

It's every site... except now I can't replicate it. I swear it was asking me more than once for each site, but now I can't find any that are asking continually. My banking site asked just now, but only the first time (I'm sure I've been there many many times since updating to 5.7). Perhaps there's a time lag involved?

Yes, I'm on 5.7 and 10.5.2.

If it happens again, I'll post here...grr...

I've had this happen before. It usually happens when another browser that utilized the keychain, such as Camino, created the Keychain entry first. Since OmniWeb didn't create it, it has to ask everytime if it can use it.

I found that opening the entry in the Keychain and deleting the other browser listed (so that OmniWeb is the only one with access) fixes it.

Figured it out. Every time I switch users, it asks again for every site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only120xs View Post
Figured it out. Every time I switch users, it asks again for every site.
If it wasn't clear, I meant that I figured out when the issue appears...

So, once you switch users, in this new account you're asked for your credentials every time you load a page with a password field?

Does it go away once you're back in the account you were using above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
So, once you switch users, in this new account you're asked for your credentials every time you load a page with a password field?

Does it go away once you're back in the account you were using above?
When I switch from my wife's account to mine, it asks for keychain password for each site the first time, then no more- until I switch to my wife's account and back again, then it starts all over. Every switch to my account behaves like a brand new install of OmniWeb.

It may be significant that my wife also uses OmniWeb. However, I can't say if she experiences the same issue, as she only makes limited use of it.

Last edited by only120xs; 2008-05-06 at 05:40 PM..

When you log back into your account, open Keychain Access. Is your login keychain locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
When you log back into your account, open Keychain Access. Is your login keychain locked?
Yes, it is locked.