The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to HTML w/ no notes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like the export to HTML feature because it gives me an easy way to publish it on the web. However, I can't seem to get the html export to omit the notes that I have for a given task. Is there a way to export to html w/o exporting the notes too?

I don't know about exporting as HTML, but have you tried just saving to PDF? Doing it that way gives you a lot of control over display by going to File -> Page Setup.

-Dennis

PS - Actually, it's probably clearer for me to say "print to PDF" rather than "save to PDF", since there's no "Save As" or "Export" option for PDF. Instead, you have to select Print from the File menu (or hit Command-P) and then do a "Save as PDF" from the print dialog.

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-07-24 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Clarification

When I manually add a short note to an item, I like that Export to Simple HTML displays that note.

However, when I use Mail > Send to Inbox, the entire email message becomes the item note. Email messages, when exported to HTML, can consume a huge amount of space in the Web view.

I'd like either ...
  • Setting an automatic limit on the amount of a mail message copied into the note. (The automatic link to the Original Message gives easy access to the whole, assuming the message has not been deleted.)
  • Setting a limit on the length of notes in Export to Simple HTML
[submitted as formal feedback]

I just ran into this problem. Can't export a task list to a co-worker without exporting my notes field. The notes fields contain e-mail from Mail->Services.

Totally useless export function.

Need to have this be selectable.

Costing me time trying to figure this out.

How the heck am I supposed to share my task list with the rest of the world without sharing ALL of my verbose detail?

Not everyone has a Mac with OF.

The answer for me today was:

Print -> "Save as PDF". That's the only way I could see to export the tasks as they appeared on my screen.

You could also have:

- taken a screen shot, or

- copied and pasted to any of a variety of other apps, where you could abridge the data however you saw fit.

Besides venting on the forums, I hope you took the time to use Help --> Send Feedback to get your request into the database.

Curt