The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Better Keychain Support Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I do not remember if I have posted something about this before or not. If I did, it was quite a while ago, and I know that there is work being done on the keychain, so I thought I'd put this up for a feature request.

Support for multiple user/password combinations for a given website. Safari supports this for certain and it's lovely. There are certain websites that I have multiple accounts for (gmail, for example), and OmniWeb only provides one option for a username/password on these sites.

What's worse IMHO, is that it doesn't remember the last used, but seems to pick the username/password pair on some other criteria, (alphabetical? order created? I haven't figured it out.)

The way Safari handles this is quite slick. It gives you one of the pairs by default, but if you change the username to something that is in the KeyChain, it offers to autocomplete it for you while typing, and if you do, the password is updated in the password field.

Thank you for your time.

Same thing, I like how safari do this task.

Agreed.

for fruck's sake!

i purchased a license over a year ago and i'd really like to know when this feature (multiple logins on a single domain) will be implemented. it's been a really basic feature in most web browsers for years now, safari has it and most free/open-source browsers support it (opera, camino, firefox etc...). it's kind of ridiculous that even after the 5.8 update, this feature was not added.

omnigroup, this is a standard [and for most people quite necessary] capability in a browser and something that should have been implemented a long time ago. of-course i like omniweb, i paid for it, but i [and i'm sure many other paying customers] barely use omniweb anymore, because it lacks this one, very basic feature. for the love of all that is good on this earth, please get to work.

Last edited by arbonarbot; 2009-02-08 at 01:12 PM..

To make a feature request that actually has a chance of being counted, use Help->Send Feedback or email omniweb@omnigroup.com. The forums are intended for users to talk to each other, and posts are neither guaranteed to be read by anyone at Omni, nor counted when they are deciding where to spend the development resources.

any progress with this to speak of? i know there has been some recent development on omniweb (the 5.9 sneaky peeks) but it would be nice to hear from someone in the know, on this specific lacking feature.

We do hope to improve keychain support but probably not before version 6.