The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Difference between Groups, Projects and Folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm new to OmniFocus, but have used GTD with Tinderbox for some years. I have RTF and read this forum thread.
I have (like most people) several master-buckets (school, grad students, business, home) etc. and hierarchies within those (e.g. school:graduate students:John:read thesis). I set up a folder for graduate students because as a group they represent a series of ongoing projects (read papers, meetings, theses, etc.). Within grad students, I have individual students a projects, and then actions under students. But the interface seems clumsy to me, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something. The folder "graduate students" seems to have no status as a project folder. Which means I have had to create a project, "graduate students" within the folder of the same name, and then when I assign a project and try to use the project assignment field it reads "Graduate students: graduate students." If I have individual names, then I am proliferating projects like crazy, e.g. "Graduate students: Mark, Graduate students: John." Is there a way to use a folder as a project level assignment, and then have projects within, without proliferating individual projects in the assignment field?

An unrelated question: is there a way to hoist individual items besides dragging (e.g. control-arrow keys)?