The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus syncing with gMail task list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebScud View Post
Even one-way sync to Google Tasks (OF to GT) would be great.
I agree. Since there apparently is no full-blown solution on the horizon, I'd settle for just about anything that would allow me access to my action list from my Android. I still think that a OF web app, even with minimal editing functionality, would be a great solution and useful from all of the mobile platforms. Short of that a smooth one-way sync to Google Tasks would at least allow me to view the data remotely.

There once was a rudimentary web interface for OmniFocus. I'm unsure whether it is still functional, as it has been about a year and a half since I last tried it. Details at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6443 It gave you the ability to look at your actions in a context list, tick them off, and even add actions, as I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsunrise View Post
I have a small ruby script that takes any stared mail in gmail and puts it in the omnifocus inbox (the subject as the task name and the body goes in the note with a link to gmail).

That way I just star and archive on my android phone and when I run the script it gets into my inbox and gets un-starred.

If someone wants it I can package it as a mac app.
I would like to test this with my iPad to flag the mail that need actions and let my iMac send them to the Omnifocus Inbox
can you post it or send it to me ?
Thanks in advance

Any headway on this, yet?

:confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsunrise View Post
I have a small ruby script that takes any stared mail in gmail and puts it in the omnifocus inbox (the subject as the task name and the body goes in the note with a link to gmail).

That way I just star and archive on my android phone and when I run the script it gets into my inbox and gets un-starred.

If someone wants it I can package it as a mac app.
Deadsunrise, I would love to have this as a mac app ... could I take you up on that and try it? Will try to DM you as well.

I like the ability to just convert emails into tasks really quickly.

Also id on't really use apple mail because it kinda sucks... but i use gmail from everything, so more integration w/ google and its mail is key.

Another vote from me too for web implementation.

If what people are talking about here is a full-blown web interface for Omnifocus, I'd love to see that. I think the real strength would be the ability to delegate/collaborate on tasks or a project with someone who has nothing but a web browser. Sync that web interface with iPhone/Mac software? Wow, that would be a powerful, easy to deal with system. Sell OF web access/sync for $5/month or something, with a discount for the software.

Hi there - I'd love to see some sort of integration from google tasks to OF - mostly so that I can use other tools that create google tasks (e.g. my CRM) and still sync them to OF

This would then allow OF to be the trusted system without having to have things re-added - and if the task includes a link to the on line system then all of a sudden I have a way hook everything together and to use OF as the way to access it.