The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > AppleScripting Omni Apps
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trying to get URL in cell Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using OmniOutliner to collect information, and writing a custom AppleScript to export the information in the needed format.

When I paste a URL into a Rich Text cell by hand, OmniOutliner Pro formats it special, as you know. But when I try to grab the contents of the cell using say...

value of cell "Amazon" of row 21

...nothing comes back. Is there any trick to being able to manually paste a url into a text cell and have AppleScript see it as just a string of characters so I can read it back later?

I tried to look for an answer or clue, but now it's time to ask for directions. :-)

Thanks so much.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHernandez View Post
When I paste a URL into a Rich Text cell by hand, OmniOutliner Pro formats it special, as you know. But when I try to grab the contents of the cell using say...

value of cell "Amazon" of row 21

...nothing comes back.
This appears to be a blind spot in the OO3 implementation of Applescript, and is worth reporting through Help > Send Feedback.

In the meanwhile, automatic conversion of URLs can be stopped, leaving them as Applescript-accessible text, by unchecking the box at:

OmniOutliner Pro > Preferences > General > Attachments > Automatically Create Attachments from typed URLs

Thanks Rob,

The preference was there right in front of me the whole time! Sorry about that. I'm back in bidniss!

Thanks again. 'preciate it.

Mark