The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Turn off autosync for iPad? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good afternoon,
I bounce around a lot between OF for Mac, iPad and iPhone, and would like to turn off autosync for iPad (I know how to turn it off on iPhone), but I don't see an option for this.

Am I missing something?

Hey Lightstorm. You're not missing anything yet, no. There've been a few users requesting the ability to turn it off as well — I'll pass this on!

You can use the Disable Auto-Sync page to turn off automatic synchronization so OmniFocus only syncs when pressing the sync button in the toolbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
You can use the Disable Auto-Sync page to turn off automatic synchronization so OmniFocus only syncs when pressing the sync button in the toolbar.
Good morning, Ken. This doesn't seem to work for iPad; I added a test task, waited, and sure enough, the icon started spinning.

I then synced my iPhone, and I saw the new task.

I did restart OF on iPad after making the change.

Are there any other methods?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
Good morning, Ken. This doesn't seem to work for iPad; I added a test task, waited, and sure enough, the icon started spinning.
Woops, sorry, the page was using the command to update synchronized database settings rather than local device preferences. It should be fixed now.

Hey ken, the link doesn't work anymore, is there still a way to disable auto sync on the iPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulr View Post
Hey ken, the link doesn't work anymore, is there still a way to disable auto sync on the iPad?
:) Yeah, I'm also curious about this.

If you visit the following page and click on the Sync every year link, it should effectively disable Auto-sync. It sets the MaximumTimeBetweenSync parameter to 1 year. I added an action to my Inbox on my iPad after running this about 5 hours ago, and it did not appear in my Mac Inbox until I just forced a sync on the iPad. If you leave the program running for 1 year, it would do a sync on its own, but I don't think that is likely to happen!

Disable Auto-Sync

I don't plan to keep the link alive forever, so here's the source code:

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>DEBUG: No Auto-Sync</title>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=320" />
</head>
<body style="width: 300">

<p style="font-size: 140%"><a name="reset-keychain" href="x-omnifocus-debug:reset-default:MaximumTimeBetweenSync">Reset sync to default interval</a></p>
<p style="font-size: 140%"><a name="reset-keychain" href="x-omnifocus-debug:set-default:MaximumTimeBetweenSync:31536000">Sync every year</a></p>

</body>
</html>