The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Child checkboxes? [A: Edit -> Outlining -> Add Child in menu bar.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to know if there is any way to create a number of checkboxes within an Action (indented under each Action. Not sure if I'll have to actually consider going to OmniOutliner for such an option.

You can use Edit -> Outlining -> Add Child to convert the selected row into an Action Group and insert a new indented action; is that what you're looking for?

That's exactly what I need. Now I need those Childs to sync over to OF on my iPad, of which they don't seem to be. OK. It did sync over. Thanks so much for your help. Now I've got to figure out how to collapse those children I created on the iPad.

Last edited by csonni; 2012-10-09 at 02:27 PM..

Unfortunately, the keystroke (as seen in Edit-Outlining-Add Child) doesn't work. I have to go through each Action and use the mouse for each Child. I wonder why the keystrokes aren't working for me.

Nevermind. Apple-D (Duplicate) does it fine.

Last edited by csonni; 2012-10-22 at 03:35 PM..

My suspicion is that you're not actually using the right key combination. If you're using a US keyboard, for example, although the keyboard shortcut is shown as apple-} you need to also hold down the shift key or you're doing apple-] which does a different function entirely.

Thanks. Duplicating does the same thing (Apple-D).

Huh? Duplicate does not do the same thing as Add Child.

Duplicate makes a copy of the selection:

Add Child makes a new blank row indented under the last row of the selection:

I just wanted to add (10) Childs to my Action. Thus, Duplicate.