The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Moving license to different computer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I purchased OmniPlan today and I added the license onto the trial version of the software on a desktop computer and then realized I wanted it on my laptop. I tried to delete the license from the desktop and add it to the laptop. No dice.

Anybody know how to move a license from one computer to another?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Doug

Hmmm...that should be just fine.
1) Launch OmniPlan on the desktop, and choose "Licenses..." from the OmniPlan menu. Select the license and click "Delete License".
2) Quit OmniPlan on the desktop.
3) Launch OmniPlan on the laptop and choose "Add License" and add your license key (like you apparently did earlier for your desktop).

Actually, according to our license terms, you can have a single license installed on two machines. You just aren't allowed to run both copies of OmniPlan at the same time. So step 1 isn't absolutely necessary (but step 2 is!).

If you're still having trouble, reply here or send an email to our Ninjas (omniplan@omnigroup.com) with more specifics about what "No dice" means -- What step are you getting stuck on? What error message do you get?

Last edited by Lizard; 2007-11-26 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: better explaining of 1 license on 2 machines

Worked after I shut one down. Thanks to all who replied.

Doug