The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF iPad app submitted to Apple! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Well done, Omni!

To confirm, the instant it is approved, Apple e-mails Omnigroup, who subsequently immediately notifies the subscribed mailing list, right?

More bluntly, over-checking the App Store gives no advantage, right?

:D
I think over-checking this forum and the blog are better.

The mailing list is ok, but when it comes out, they are going to be busy putting up the marketing materials, tweeting it and someone here is going to link to it first.

(FIRST)

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
To confirm, the instant it is approved, Apple e-mails Omnigroup, who subsequently immediately notifies the subscribed mailing list, right?
Apple lets us know the app's approved. We'll get the website/preview video/etc in place by the time it goes live on the App Store. Once it's on the App Store, notifications will go out.

It's still possible that Apple may find something we missed or need something changed; we want to keep the "whoops, it's going to be just a bit longer" frustration down to a bare minimum if that happens.

We're pretty excited, so it's hard on us, too. Several of us are walking around the office saying "Want to spoil OmniFocus-mas... cannot spoil OmniFocus-mas... WRONG to spoil OmniFocus-mas. WANT TO SPOIL OMNIFOCUS-MAS!" :-)

@brian

Si is Omni not going to post any information until it is approved? Perhaps you guys could let us know when the website is going to go live (e.g. before it is approved, after, when it moves to "in review," etc).

Just FYI:

July 25th is "Christmas in July", a celebration which is catching on in many different venues.

Also, the "mas" in Christmas derives from Old English and literally means "to be sent" in the sense of being sent on a mission.

So how appropriate that, so close to Christmas in July, OmniFocus will be sent into our iPads, on a mission to help us all get things done!

Do I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning? You betcha!

Many thanks to everyone at OmniFocus for making a little bit of the magic of Christmas happen for us all—in July!

Best Regards,

Ralph

FYI: there are screens on Omni's server if you know where to look. Seeing how they haven't published the screens, i won't divulge the link.

@omni: Cant wait! Love the "forecast" view

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantSquid View Post
FYI: there are screens on Omni's server if you know where to look. Seeing how they haven't published the screens, i won't divulge the link.

@omni: Cant wait! Love the "forecast" view
Yeah, sometimes it helps to know how to look at webservers :-) Forecast looks nice. Review too.

But no perspectives to see (maybe hidden in the settings like the iPhone app)?

And the UI still gives place for improvements :rolleyes: If I get used to it ... mmh

Interesting they would make such a rookie mistake.

Interesting that the icon is different (darker).

Overall (no price information) it looks like it has a lot more features than the iPhone version (filtering, review, etc) but not as much as the desktop.

BZ

I like the darker icon.

Did you notice that OmniSyncServer appears in the cloud? Perhaps we may just be getting more than OmniFocus for iPad.

I never got to try OmniSyncServer as I use MobileMe which works like a charm.

Going over these screenshots is making me crazy.

BZ