The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

startup Hang on "Opening OmniFocus document" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed severe hang on starting up OmniFocus v1.5.

I did backup and rebuild the database and it seems to not improve anything. I checked my activity monitor and it says OmniFocus is "not responding", but if I just leave it be for several minutes it comes to life and finally shows my stuff.

As an experiment I turned off the bonjour sync with my iPhone, and the issue completely went away so that launching OmniFocus the "Opening document .." nag screen never appears.

I'm wondering if this is 'just how it is' for everyone who's got their preferences set to sync through bonjour, or is my particular install fubar? I'm wondering if there's a problem because the 'command H' shortcut and the menu item to "Hide OmniFocus" doesn't work on my machine.

thanks for any help
josh

Last edited by joshrace; 2009-02-07 at 09:33 AM..

You should email the support ninjas: from inside OF, choose Help -> Send Feedback. This is not normal behavior and I suspect indicates that your database is bloated from having sync turned on but not synchronizing your devices frequently enough. (OF has to store every single change to the data separately until it is sure that all synchronized devices have received all changes.)

But I'm just guessing. The support ninjas will help you work through it.

Curt