The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCloud to Omnifocus works Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If you have Omnifocus set up to capture your iOS/iCloud reminders, you might like to know that as of yesterday, you can now enter new to-do items through the icloud.com site. So, what you enter there as a to-do will show up in your Omnifocus inbox. I just tested it and it works perfectly.

Last edited by avandelay; 2012-09-14 at 07:23 AM..

Also, as with adding them via Siri, the due date comes along to Omnifocus. So do any notes you add via the little "details" button. Awesome!

Last edited by avandelay; 2012-09-14 at 07:53 AM..

One caveat: if you have Omnifocus open on your phone as you're entering things into iCloud, OF might pull in your reminder from iCloud before you're done typing it. I got a "your reminder was deleted by another service" error just now, while I was entering some notes and such into a new inbox item on iCloud.

Might be best to close Omnifocus while you're entering stuff.

So Omnifocus has a web input now :-)

But not to an iPad :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
But not to an iPad :-(
Does OmniFocus for iPad not have the feature to pull in iCloud/Siri reminders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avandelay View Post
Does OmniFocus for iPad not have the feature to pull in iCloud/Siri reminders?
OmniFocus supports iCloud Capture on devices which support Siri. This will include some iPads in iOS 6.

So, the iCloud.com webinterface works like a charme. Bu I have the same problem than avandelay described in his post.

Just to close omnifocus is not a usable solution for me. With the possibility of a web interface my assistant can put tasks into my inbox. Thats very cool, because it will redudantize the step to email tasks to me. But OmniFocus is always open on my iPhone and my iPad.

I think it would be best that new toppics that come from iCloud.com wil be pulled to Omnifocus after a couple of minutes. It could be optional for people, that dont use iCloud.com.
Maybe it's possible find out if the input comes from siri or iCloud.com. Than that would be no problem.

Another Solution will be a own webinterface or an windows app (the web app will be better).

If you sync with exchange you can add a task in Outlook which will then sync to iCloud as a reminder which will then end up in your Omnifocus inbox if you have that setting enabled.

This makes a great way to get new tasks into your inbox in Omnifocus if you're a windows and a Microsoft Office user.