The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Question about weekly meeting and resource allocation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am setting up a project plan (in omniplan not omniplan 2) where I have some tasks that need to be accomplished during a weekly meeting (thursday 4-6pm). There is a fixed duration for the time these tasks take because we need to discuss and decide as a group - so more people-resources shouldn't change the task duration (I've set up the tasks so they have a set duration and the effort level changes as more resources are added). There are other tasks which need to be worked on independently by members of the project team in between meetings. I want to be able to level the project plan with these considerations in place.

How should I go about setting up the resources for this? I've tried several different options trying to set up a group (see below) - but I can't get this to work. Basically what I'm looking for is an "AND" operator for the resources - because during that meeting they can't be working on other work, and the tasks that need to be accomplished during that meeting can't be accomplished during other times in the week.

One thing I've tried is setting up a group
{} Collaboration (with the 2 hr meeting time as the only "normal work week")
- Member1 (independent work hours set)
- Member2 (independent work hours set)
- Member3 (independent work hours set)

I've tried selecting only "Collaboration" as the resource type (but then omniplan auto selects one of my members - and I need ALL of my members). I've also tried selecting Collaboration and each member for meeting tasks, but I keep getting meeting tasks that are scheduled during times when we don't have our weekly meeting.

Any suggestions or thoughts on how to accomplish this would be great.

Thank you,
-Katie

Moved to the OmniPlan forum :)