The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start on the next <day of the week>? [A: Feature request filed] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to have an action start on the next occurrence of the day of the week?

For example, I have a task that I would like to appear every Saturday. But if I miss it for a few weeks, when I tick it off I'd like it to appear on the next upcoming Saturday. As it stands now, start again every Saturday will have it repeat on the next calendar saturday after it's previous start date.

Currently only the "Repeat every" option supports the day-of-week restrictions, but we expect to offer more repeat options in a future version of OmniFocus. I'll make sure this gets into our development database so the rest of the team knows you'd like to see this be one of those options - thanks very much!

Thanks for letting me know that it can't currently be done and for filing a feature request.

I'll look forward to the next version to see what repeat options make the cut.