The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WebDav Sync works between machines but not iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know I'm probably missing something really obvious.... but please help!

I have a WebDav server set up on my main desktop using CrushFTP, as it runs an FTP server most of the time anyway.

Both my desktop and laptop happily sync to that WebDav server using https://192.168.1.8/WebDav/OmniFocus/ or https://vbftp.net/WebDav/OmniFocus/

I've just sent those details to my new iPhone... but it doesn't work. I can see it logging into the server in all of the logs, and it looks like it's working as far as the server goes, but the iPhone comes up with one of a few errors:

When it's set to the internal 192.168.1.8 address, it gets as far as asking whether to use the Server Copy, but then the sync icon shows the Sync failed. If I click on it, it says the Secure Connection Failed, even though I can see from the logs that it had connected.

When it's set to vbftp.net, which is the external address (loopback correct) that I'd prefer to use, it says "the server returned bad request (400) in response to a request to "PROPFIND/WebDav/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus"

That path is correct (the folder containing all of the WebDav stuff is called WebDav) and the others sync correctly on the same settings. Any ideas anyone?

I've got it! I'm not sure which bit fixed it, but in case anyone else hits the same problem, here's what I did...

I use a demo of MobileMe to sync the iPhone, so that it had all of the current database on it.

I created a new login just for WebDav, with its own root folder.

I deleted the desktop's copy of the database from the webdav folder, and let the iPhone sync it as if the iPhone had the whole database on it.

Having done that, I then went back and let the desktop and laptop sync that file, and it's all working nicely now.

I love OF!!!!