The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Invalid username/pwd Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
For some reason, whenever I go to MySpace (I know, I'm a loser) the wrong username and password is filled in. I have changed it and asked it to be added to the keychain, checked the "remember me" checkbox, etc. It still always fills in the wrong U/P.

Is this a MySpace thing, an omniweb bug? Camino works fine, btw.

Sounds like you might have an extra password key for myspace saved in your keychain. Try this...

Open up KeyChain Access, this is an app located in your "Applications > Utilities" folder.

In here look for any entries for myspace, they should also include the username at the end of key name. Remove the one that matches the unwanted username, go back to OmniWeb and reload the myspace login page. You should now see the correct Username.

Thanks TroyB, I'll give that a shot. I did find multiple entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
Sounds like you might have an extra password key for myspace saved in your keychain. Try this...

Open up KeyChain Access, this is an app located in your "Applications > Utilities" folder.

In here look for any entries for myspace, they should also include the username at the end of key name. Remove the one that matches the unwanted username, go back to OmniWeb and reload the myspace login page. You should now see the correct Username.
Troy, FWIW, I'm finding the "replace" option isn't working. At least not like in 5.1.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Troy, FWIW, I'm finding the "replace" option isn't working. At least not like in 5.1.3.
Seems to be working for me, have you noticed how it's behaving differently?

Quote:
Seems to be working for me, have you noticed how it's behaving differently?
I don't recall the exact issue I was having when I posted that. Also, I know different SP's have come out since then.

I think the issue may actually be the same that I'm having with OW crashing on bookmark sync. I have a site setup with many different tools. All require a login. They are all hosted off the same subdomain. The keychain has entries for sub.domain.com/dir1/, sub.domain.com/dir2/, sub.domain.com/dir3/...

However, OmniWeb only seems to care about the sub.domain.com part. For example, I setup a new tool with the username admin and in the directory /dir4/. Then I setup another tool with the username forrest and the directory of /dir5/. These display as different entries in the keychain. However, when I try to log into /dir5/ the username for /dir4/ is autofilled.

The domain I have setup also has a webdav directory for bookmark syncing. When the wrong l/p is entered, OW crashes. (That should be in your bug db.) Even if I enter the correct l/p, after 10 minutes or so OW crashes. I wonder if that's because the first time it syncs it uses the correct one, and the next time it's grabbing the l/p from a different keychain entry for the same domain, but different directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiazoo@mac.com
For some reason, whenever I go to MySpace (I know, I'm a loser) the wrong username and password is filled in. I have changed it and asked it to be added to the keychain, checked the "remember me" checkbox, etc. It still always fills in the wrong U/P.

Is this a MySpace thing, an omniweb bug? Camino works fine, btw.
Sorry to be angry but take my advice and I am sure many others in as much as "Why on earth have you used your email address as an ID?"

CHANGE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ...unless it is a disposable one in which case I apologise. But if not you are going to be bombarded with spam and will regret it. It's even worse for you as it is a dot mac address from Apple (as is one of mine) but I never give it out and use many others that harvesting does not matter.

Quote:

Remove the one that matches the unwanted username, go back to OmniWeb and reload the myspace login page. You should now see the correct Username.
Just out of curiosity, is this behavior considered a feature or a bug? Personally, I find the way OW handles multiple keychain entries for a web site a major annoyance, and it is the primary reason I don't use OW as my main browser.

Hmm, I don't think I'd call it a bug but maybe a lack of functionality. We would like to offer support for multiple passwords in the future though.