The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tags, Aliases, Folders, Context, Project, Groups, etc.. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In response to elaborate on a feature request, I figured I'd share it here so others can chime in if they want:

I have this idea (which I assume others have had as well) that tags and folders are essentially the same thing if you can think of something being virtually in many different locations (sort of like Aliases).

My hope is that OF will get tags to help some of us organize. But my idea for tags is to allow any, but to also include most other attributes as tags also, as really it's all the same thing, just a way to sort or filter out what you want to see. Anything might have a date, context, person, group (of people), enclosing folder (or group of actions or sub-project), flag, label, etc,. In some cases OF already helps us find these easily. I'd like to see two things:

-Almost anything unique could be a tag and probably would be if it is any of the above (though not mandatory).
-Anything could virtually reside in multiple locations (eg I might rent a cement mixer for two projects that I'll do on the same day; I don't need two cement mixers, and I don't need to check off 2 cement mixers when I've got it).

I'm sure there will be more to elaborate on later, but for now...

I think I saw this exact idea implemented somewhere. Hmmm. Where was it.